First offering in more than 60 years.
Built ca. 1780, Burleigh is a classic Virginia country home with two floors over a full English basement. It is approached by a front walk lined with boxwoods descended from slips given to its early owners by George Washington. During the Civil War, Burleigh served as a hospital.
The clapboard and brick house was expanded in 2005 with a stunning addition that includes a sumptuous master suit and gourmet, eat-in kitchen that opens to a lovely brick terrace. The owners have carefully updated systems and reproduced vintage woodwork. Period details include random width heart pine floors, original staircase, mantels and windows (front & rear), and a slate roof with exceptional patina. The house has 4 bedrooms, 5 fireplaces, 2 full and 2 half baths.
Among the outbuildings are a substantial 2-car garage, garden house, and green house. (The residence and outbuildings are located on a 55 acre tax parcel. An adjacent 28.8 acre parcel with desirable timber may be available for sale). Some plantings do not convey.
- Built ca. 1780 with two floors over full English basement
- Beautifully renovated; meticulously maintained
- Expanded in 2005 with two-story addition that includes master suite & gourmet kitchen
- 3,849 sf with 4 BRs, 5 FPs, 2 full and 2 half baths
- Two-car garage , garden house, green house on 55-acre parcel
Richmond Times Article on the owners!